I don’t get couple that move in with one another after 6 months of being together. Cheers to those who haven’t and what a fucking retard you are you have. Don’t give me the “I’m in love and I wanna be with ______ all the time” yeah no, you don’t even know what love is and you have probably said it to 10 other partners you’ve had!
Moving in early won’t make your relationship stronger, maybe I’m wrong but seeing couples moving in early.. They don’t last that long..
1. Date a boy who makes you happy, but marry him only if he makes you laugh deep-belly rumbles that hurt your ribs as they expand outwards. Date him when he sees that you’re hurting and he gives you a moment to feel that pain like a handprint spreading across your consciousness, marry him only if he can make you smile even while you’re gross sobbing. The world is not a kind place. You will feel a lot of pain. Make sure you are with someone who makes it all bearable. Humor is an excellent gauge of intelligence. Life gets boring. Find someone who makes the banal interesting.
2. Make sure he has scars on the back of his hands, it’s a good sign he has experience either fighting or making things - creation is an act of selflessness and bruised knuckles are a good sign he knows how to defend himself. You’ve got too much soul to be handled by someone who has never been passionate. If he’s never thrown a punch, let him at least have tasted the insanity of bringing an idea into existence. Rough palms are better than soft ones, they have been salted by this earth and made into leather. Callouses are evidence he has lived, that he has broken skin and been in pain over and over and over again and still came back to the source of it. People rub against each other. Don’t marry him if he can’t handle even a little blister.
3. Before you say yes, get him angry. See him scared, see him wanting, see him sick. Stress changes a person. Find out if he drinks and if he does, get him drunk - you’ll learn more about his sober thoughts. Discover his addictions. See if he puts you in front of them. You can’t change people, baby girl. If they are made one way, it doesn’t just wear off. If you hate how he acts when he’s out of it now, you’re going to hate it much worse eight years down the road. You might love him to bits but it doesn’t change that some people just don’t fit.
4. Trust your instincts. If he ever makes you feel unsafe, don’t make excuses, just get up and leave. That’s all there is to it. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
5. If he puts money before you, he’ll keep pushing you to the bottom of the pile until you become his last priority. It’s one thing if he can’t afford what you want, it’s another if he has the cash but won’t spring for a box of chicken mcnuggets. Money and love are arch enemies. 62% of divorces occur due to economic strain. Make sure keeping you is more important than his 401k.
6. How a man treats animals is a good indicator of how he treats children. If you see him raise a hand to a dog, pack your things into a little black bag. Animals at their worst are only half as annoying as a toddler on their best behaviour. Your kids will be beautiful, but they will also misbehave. Same goes for waiters and hotel maids - if he’s rude to those who are working for minimum wage, it says a lot about how he sees himself. Patience is rare and so important. If he’s not forgiving to a dog, he’s not good for your kids.
7. If he isn’t in awe of you, he doesn’t deserve you. You are my little girl and you were born perfect. If he can’t see that, it’s his loss. There is someone who thinks your flaws power his heart. Be strong. If he asks you to change, be like like rock of your birthstone, do not waver. You are wondrous just the way that you are."
1. “Boys ain’t shit. They’re the worst. Literally the worst. All of them. Literally all of them.”
2. “Never chase a guy. If a guy likes you, he’ll be all over you. It’ll be sickening. You won’t have to ask him where he’s at, what he’s doing. If a guy likes you, you won’t have to ask him to chill more than once. If you have to track him down, he’s not checkin’ for you.”
3. “No, you can’t give it up to a guy right away! If you like him, you have to make him wait. If not, he’ll be all, “If she’s giving it up to me this easy, who else is she giving it up to?” The less people you’ve slept with, the better. Boys like to think they’re the only one you’ve been with, even if they know that’s not true.”
4. “Never tell a guy your number. Keep that shit to yourself. Or try to make it as small as possible. If he’s asking, he’s gonna care about the answer.”
5. “I’m not saying it’s right, but guys can get away with more shit then women. Y’all put up with more. That’s just the way the world works. A guy can sleep around and it’s whatever. Girls are all “he’s a dog,” but you’ll still deal with him. If a girl sleeps around, it’s like “man, she’s a hoe.” That’s a deal breaker.”
6. “Women are way more willing to risk heartbreak than men. They fall in love like it’s nothing. Guys are terrified of that shit. Even more so than women. It takes a dude forever to get over a girl they love. That’s why they stay distant until they’re sure you’re not just another jawn.”
7. “If you gotta wonder if he likes you, he ain’t checkin’.”
8. “Don’t overanalyze shit. Guys are easy. If he seems like he’s not interested, he’s not. He’s not playing some game with you. He’s just not feeling you.”
9. “All guys want is sex. I don’t care how nice he is, from the jump, he’s thinking about getting some. It’s how their brains are wired.”
10. “Guys are visual. You can’t tell them shit, you gotta show them. If he fucks up, you gotta show him you’re not about that, you can’t just say it. Make him earn his way back in.”
11. “Somewhere along the line, girls forgot that they hold all the cards in a relationship. Y’all have all the power. You don’t have to put up with shit from a guy. Wars have been started over women; men will do anything for a girl.”
12. “Respect yourself and your body. A guy picks up on the way you treat yourself and that determines how he treats you.”
13. “Trust your intuition. Y’all girls are always right.”"